Nang Ai Updates and What to Watch in 4th Quarter 2017

I've been procrastinating Ep 14 of Nang Ai recently, but don't worry I have every mind to finish the series by this year (there's 15 eps in total).

After that I'll be working on Rissaya 2016. I've translated a few eps but there's still plenty to clean up. It'll probably take the entire 2018 for me to complete this (I have a job and other commitments). There're 15/16 eps, I can't remember.

What have I been up to? Recently I'm all into the Noni (Tono Pakin-Nicha Nuttanicha) fever. This bickering on-screen couple with a 10-year age gap has entertaining chemistry on and off screen and got many fans dancing with hopes post Nicha's break-up. I've been soaking up every bit of Tono & The Dust's performances. If you're wondering what's the hype, check out lakorn Kammathep Sorn Kol (subs available), 3 zaap with Tono, Nicha, Toey and Cheer (subs available for Tono-Nicha parts) and these 2 couples' fan meeting (subs available).

For the current line-up, I'm currently watching and loving Ra Rerng Fai (Ken/Noon). The storyline moves fast and Ken is still ever-so-charming. Hopefully it keeps up the pace in the first 2 eps.

Meanwhile to tide over the lacklustre line up of Ch3 dramas recently, I've watched Tv7's Nai Hoi Tamin (Mike/Pooklook) and La Ong Dao (Om/Now), I don't know of any eng subs available, but NHT has mandarin subs up to ep11).

Nai Hoi Tamin
is the kind of lakorn I was never interested in (I'm more of the city fairytale, revenge-love-dilemma or period fairytale kinda girl). But during the lakorn drought, the high ratings got me curious, I watched a couple of eps and the rest is history. It has 17 eps with an average rating of 8, likely to be the highest rated primetime lakorn of 2017. Mike and Pooklook have great onscreen chemistry and I would definitely give their future dramas a second glance.

La Ong Dao
on other hand has the cliché storyline of arranged marriage, inheritance, non-biological sister and love-at-first-sight which I usually enjoy. Now Tisanart is so pretty in this drama, but the storyline is draggy with the main couple's refusal to admit their feelings. Basically we only get sweet moments of love in the last 30mins of the finale. I pretty much fast forwarded several parts, definitely not for the impatient viewers.

Waiting patiently for Likit Ruk The Crown Princess (Nadech/Yaya) to air in Jan 2018, and for Tono-Nicha's new lakorn Duang Jai Nai Montra's confirmation/fitting next year. ♡

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for subbing Rissaya ! I've been wanting to see this lakorn for such a long time !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts